GEMS is an acronym for Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior. Our vision is to see girls at Pella 2 CRC and around the world actively and enthusiastically expressing love for God and others – girls equipped, motivated, and passionately engaged in living out their faiths.
At Pella 2 GEMS club, girls in 2nd through 8th grade will:
- Develop a lasting relationship with Jesus Christ
- Foster a relationship with their counselors
- Make new friends and share in a caring small group
- Learn how to apply the Bible to their lives
- Find answers to challenges they face every day
- Learn what it means to be an activist for Christ
- Participate in service projects that make a difference in other’s lives
- Cultivate important life skills through badge activities
- Enjoy dynamic singing and creative movement
- Make meaningful crafts that encourage others
2013-2014 GEMS Theme:
Who’s the Greatest?
Each year, a Scripture passage is selected and a theme is developed around that Scripture to make the passage come alive for the girls. Bible studies, service projects, crafts, games, and other fun activities are created to teach the truth of God’s Word that is found in the theme.
He must become greater; I must become less (John 3:30).
God is the greatest. The heavens declare it; His works affirm it. To the ends of the earth, His majestic story is being told through His Word, His Spirit, and His people.
John the Baptist got it; his disciples did not. They got jealous of the new guy in town who was attracting the spotlight. They wanted John to do something!
What sparked jealousy in John’s disciples ignited joy in John’s heart. John humbly knew his position: Jesus was God, and he was not. John understood that his mission was to point people to Jesus. John said, “He must become greater; I must become less” (John 3:30).
Those words should be the living testimony of all God’s children. As C.S. Lewis so memorably said, “Christian humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.” True servants of God make much of Jesus, and He becomes greater and more visible in their lives.
The theme Who’s the Greatest? will challenge girls and their families to cultivate a beautiful spirit of humility that calls attention to Jesus, shifting all eyes and hearts to Him.
We meet on 3 out of 4 Wednesdays a month from September – March.
Visit the GEMS web site for further information.